Opportunities at Acutis
Molecular diagnostics technologist CLT
The molecular diagnostics technologist is responsible for performing all aspects of testing in a molecular laboratory. The technologist will evaluate and introduce new material, methods and equipment to help determine the feasibility and/or adaptability for clinical molecular studies.
They assist the laboratory director in the development of new technologies and participate in documenting and implementing Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC)/Quality Inventory (QI) procedures.
The Molecular Diagnostics Technologist is responsible for all aspects of testing including:
- Extraction of nucleic acids from clinical specimens
- Performs routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures
- Oversees inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies
- reagent preparation
- Instrumentation and equipment maintenance
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
- Perform genetic/molecular biology procedures involving traditional techniques such as nucleic acid isolation and PCR on clinical specimens
- Maintain competency in assigned technical protocols according to established operational procedures
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work space in accordance with good laboratory practices
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures including necessary equipment checks, performance testing, preventive maintenance, and quality controls
- Assure instrumentation and equipment meet performance standards
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and equipment related issues as they occur
- Maintain reagent, consumables and office supply inventory
- Follow unidirectional flow of specimen handling to avoid contamination.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests by adhering to the laboratory’s quality control procedure
- Provide administrative support to the Lab Manager and Quality Assurance Manager including Quality Control review and Data review backup
- Maintain QC related documents.
- Review all test requests thoroughly for errors, omissions, clarity, and potential problems.
- Verify patient identification at all steps of every procedure and maintain complete accuracy.
- Maintain complete documentation for assay tracking and results for review/reporting.
- Participate in the Proficiency Testing Program as assigned.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies and records corrective action taken.
- Good oral communication
- Desire to learn
- Ability to read information quickly, interpret and retain it for later use
- Listens and gets clarification
- Strong technology skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- BS in Medical Technology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- ASCP Certification preferred
- 2 years pertinent laboratory experience
Experience with most or all of the following technologies is preferred:
- PCR and qPCR
- Next-generation sequencing library preparation and instrument runs
- Operation of liquid handling systems
- Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
- Integrated laboratory information management systems
- Standing or sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to recognize audible and visual alarms
- Ability to discriminate colors
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Repetitive wrist motion
Time: 8 AM – 4 PM with occasional overtime
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: laboratory: 2 years
- NYS CLT
- ASCP Certification
Certifying scientist - toxicology CLT
The selected candidate will be conducting a review of all confirmation results to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the drug testing process.
- Certifying data
- Instrument maintenance and operation
- Following policies and procedures
- Improving processes
- Review of LC/MS-MS analysis data to ensure clinical acceptability
- Operate LC/MS-MS instruments for analysis. This includes batch scheduling, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Collaborate with co-workers, managers and other supervisors to solve work-related problems within or between departments; answering and resolving questions/issues daily
- Participate in employee training for equipment, software and other laboratory operations
- Identify and resolve quality control issues; accurately enter and report test results; and remain current on lab standard operating procedures
- Enforce compliance of all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and best practices for: CLIA, safety, environmental, laboratory, hazardous materials, equipment, accident reporting and security
- Provide appropriate feedback to the Supervisor and Responsible Person in order to assist in maintaining an accurate SOP
- Personal accountability for attendance, productivity, training, and incidents
- erform all other assigned duties as instructed or required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Toxicology, or other closely related field
- YS CLT preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; highly motivated individual
- Able to work well independently and with others
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented, punctual, organized, personable, reliable and dependable
- High motivation level, personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to handle a fast-paced and demanding lab environment
- bility to communicate clearly and effectively with management, staff, and clients
We are looking for a detail-oriented professional who is both passionate about customer service and also understands the importance of excellent client relations.
- Frequent communications with clients that are proactive not reactive
- Management of inbound calls, which will range from the routine to more complicated issue resolution
- Coordinating information between teams and across departments
- Written communications, including email drafts and other media
- You have a minimum of 1-year experience in client services
- You are detail-oriented and can demonstrate strong organizational skills
- You possess excellent verbal and written skills
- You are proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- You welcome the opportunity to both work independently and as the member of a team